Saturday, January 26, 2008

Pa's the answer to Spiderman!!


Her name Soundarya means beautiful and that she certainly is.And with the brains to complement her looks,this 23-years old is ready to take on the film industry by storm.That she is the youngest daughterof Superstar Rajnikanth only adds to her allure.But,while most would imagine the pretty girl would follow in her dad's footsteps,Soundarya chose to become a director instead and also runs a multi-crore animation studio.
Helming a $10million project,with dad in the lead,her film is the first animated film of an Asian superstar.And if the response that her two minute trailer of Sultan The Warrior with a 3D action figure of Rajnikanth somersaulting and taking on the baddies in true 'cool' rajini style is anything to go by...the girl's on the right track.
Talking about her ambitious project,which she says is India,s answer to Spiderman,Soundarya reveals,"I wanted to present Pa in a way,he's never been seen before.It will be every Rajnikanth fans dream come true."Unfazed by the expectations,the doting daughter admits that though she's not nervous,she hopes she can do justice to a superstar who's revered by fans across the globe."There are almost 63,000 fan clubs across nations, "she adds.
"Pa is the most amazing human being on this earth.A fabulous actor,a superdad,and an equally rocking grand-dad to my sister's kid.I'm a huge fan of Rajnikanth and I Love him in all his roles-as an actor and a father.He is the best.He's God!"she exclaims.
With a face as pretty as hers and acting in her genes,didn't she want to pursue acting?"I do get offers,but I'v always wanted to showcase my creativity behind the camera."Letting on a lesser known secrets she says,"I had an option of choosing to play professional golf and going on to study animation.Infact I have played several tourments.And though I chose the latter,Pa was equally encouraging about me pursuing sports.his only advice was do what you want to,but give it 100 percent."
Starting off with directing Rajnikanth in her very first film,where does she go from here?"A coimbination of Kamal Hassan and my dad would be a dream come true.It can only go higher from here.Because only Rajnikanth can break his own records."Seems like sky is certainly the limit for this papa's young girl!