Thursday, July 03, 2008

IPL girl not concerned about criticism

Lekha Washington, the former SS music VJ took up the centre stage during the IPL cricket matches as anchor in Sony TV. This talented young girl is a qualified film maker and also a sculptor. Jayam Kondaan, her first film in Tamil with Vinay is ready to hit the screens soon where she features as Brinda, the sister of Vinay. While talking about the film, Lekha says, “People are surprised when I say that I have donned the role of Vinay’s sister in the film. They think that my role may be a small one. But I wish to state that my role is as powerful and difficult as that of Vinay’s or Bhavana’s. I am not concerned about what others think or say. As long as I am convinced about my character in the film, I will go ahead and do it.”

On her future projects, this slim actress says that she has been getting offers from Bollywood but would reveal details only after she signs on the dotted line. In Tamil she is slated to appear as heroine for a leading hero, the details of which would be divulged after a while.