Friday, March 14, 2008

Neetu chandra-ripped off her pants

Neetu Chandra, who was shooting for Ashwin Dheer’s 123 in Manali, recently ripped off her pants while doing an action scene in the film.

The actress is reluctant to reveal the details of the incident but after much coaxing she finally says, "I play a cop in the film — a Jat inspector who is loud and boisterous in her actions. I have performed a lot of stunts in the film. There was one particular scene in the film where I had to perform some kicks. Since I am a martial arts expert, I was doing this scene with much sincerity. The action director kept asking me to improvise. When I finally performed the kick, the pants that I was wearing were so tight that they ripped. Fortunately for me I was wearing slacks under my pants and it saved me from embarrassment," says Neetu.

The actress continues, "I also had to ‘kick’ Murali Sharma in the scene. When I was rehearsing, I didn’t realise that Murali was standing next to me. I just aimed and performed a kick and it fell heavily on him. Unaware of what was happening, he fell to the ground. Poor man! He was so stunned that he went and rested for two hours before he could act again. I went and apologised to him but he realised that I had not done it deliberately."

This will be Neetu’s third film after Traffic Signal and Garam Masala. The actress is looking forward to great films this year. "I am doing Dibakar Banerjee’s second film Oye Lucky where I play a simple Punjabi girl opposite Abhay Deol. I will be wearing no makeup in the film. Paresh Rawal plays a triple role in the film. Then there’s a Tamil/Hindi bilingual with Madhavan titled Flat No 13-B which is a ghost thriller. The film is being directed by P.C. Sriram, a National Award winner and Rahul Dholakia’s Mumbai-11, which is a realistic story. I am playing a house maid in this film," reveals Neetu.

The actress, who is also a youth icon for the Unicef in Maharashtra ,says that failures don’t trouble her. "I live for today. I learnt the value of life when I was doing Madhur Bhandarkar’s Traffic Signal. I met street urchins and spent time with them. I learnt how they live for the moment," says Neetu.