Thursday, March 27, 2008

Rajini meets his fans

Millions of fans yearn take a snap with Thalaivar and it is their life-time goal too (apart from professional goals). But only a few of them turn lucky enough get that golden opportunity. If you happen to listen their moments with Superstar, you would be pleased much more and Superstar would raise one step up in your heart.

Herewith I explain one such experience of a handicapped fan who met Superstar and took a photograph with him.

This January, Superstar met fans from various parts of the city in Raghavendra Mandapam - after a long gap.

When the news broke out that he’s meeting fans – it became a tough job to control the thronging fans on the same day and even in subsequent days. So, the photo session was temporarily shelved.

Interesting and heartwarming accounts

Anyway, those who went there to take photo with Superstar shared many interesting and heartwarming incidents.

This fan friend is a handicapped boy who is working in a Tailoring unit in Ambattur. I just interpret here what he said to me:

“Though I am an ardent fan of Superstar for the past two decades, I didn’t get the opportunity to take a snap with him and I never thought I could get that opportunity one day in my life. Any how I was affirmative.

Thousands of other fans were waiting…

When I heard through my friends that thalaivar would be taking snaps on a particular day, I went to Raghavendra Mandapam by 8.30 a.m. Guess what? Already there were thousands of other fans waiting to take snaps with Superstar. The crowd was increasing as clock started rolling. Additional police personnel were deployed to control the crowd.

Initially fans took snaps with thalaivar in singles. Later it was changed to doubles (two persons) as queue was seen unending. For each minute, nearly three pairs took photos.

Yogis and siddhas

The photo session was held in his Mandapam Office room. The room (a very small hall) was very simple but soulful with various Yogis and Siddhas pictures decorating the wall. (Superstar has a private room here where he meets his friends and others.)

We all were standing in a neat queue controlled by mandapam staff. We were allowed in doubles for the shoot.

Unexpected gift

When my term came – I limped towards Superstar (I am handicapped and substituted with artificial leg). Thalaivar saw me and understood at once about me. He asked the other person who came as my pair to remain there and asked me to come ALONE and then embraced me for a while and posed for single straight snap. When I fell at his feet for ashirvad, he said not to do that and made me comfortable to stand with him and also flew his arm around my back and gave pose to snap and ensured that it has come well and also he is satisfied.

Thalaivaa…..what a noble man you are. My friends were jealous on me and now I am a hero in my street and locality.”

Spot report from other fans who were there that time:

1) The whole area become jammed and extra police were deployed.

2) The photo studios did roaring business during the days when snaps taken.

3) The shop owners in and around mandapam had excellent business and their goods sold out.

4) Bypassers wondered what’s cooking there since the crowd is huge. When heard about photo session – they too joined it.

5) Some auto drivers who passed the place by that time – simply left there autos and they too joined the session.

6) Some fans who already took photos –came there consecutively. Superstar identified such a few fans and warned them not to waste his time or others’ time.

7) All fans were made to wait inside mandapam.

The subsequent photo sessions were cancelled later since many other district and rural fans started thronging in cabs and van to mandapam for photo shoot.